Wednesday 21 November 2012

"It's all there in black and white"

At last nights vernissage Mr. P and I walked around the gallery just after the show opened and checked out all the art work.  On our second pass around Mr. P noticed that someone had placed a red sticker on my tag.

Mr. P.: "Why is there a red sticker on your tag?"

Me:  "That means it sold."

Mr. P:  ".....no, really.  Why is there a red sticker on your tag?"

Me:  "Because it sold."

Mr. P.  "Are any of your relatives here?"

Me:  "It wouldn't surprise me, but that would just be depressing."

I can save face and say that it did get snapped up right away by someone that was not a relative and that I didn't know, who "never buys art" but just loved the work. 




4 comments:

BumbleVee said...

well, isn't he cheeky.....

But...big congratulations on the sale ...that IS exciting..... good for you...

I must go back to see if you say which one...I haven't been around much... too many months of headaches and upset with the stupid renovation. My advice to anyone saying they want to do a reno? ... Don't. Unless...like us before this...you do it yourself.

Jennifer Rose said...

congrats on the sale :D

Kurt said...

Woo-hoo. My sister tells me there is big bucks in horse portraits. Do they have horses in Canada?

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

No, no horses. Just sled dogs, polar bears and baby seals. We keep beating the bloody things (seals) over the head but we can't seem to get rid of 'em.