Wednesday 30 June 2010

Eclipse

I've started the background.  You may ask yourself, "come on!  How long does it take to colour a piece of paper a solid blue."  Well when you're "scumbling" it takes about 2-3 hours per layer.  You draw in wee, itty bitty little circles.  I go clockwise with my left hand and counterclockwise with my right.  It gives it that uneven, sponged look.  The more layers I add the more smooth it will appear, but I think I like it looking a bit choppy like it is.

I still have to work on the hands and then I'm tout fini!

I took kids 1 thru 4 to see "Eclipse" bright and early this morning.  We got there an hour before the show and there was a fair sized line up already.  Of course there weren't many teens in that crowd as everybody knows teens don't arise from their own crypts until well after lunch.  Mine did because there was no way I was going to stand in line for a few hours in the pm to see a movie. 

Oddly enough, most of the patrons that filled the theatre, and I mean filled it, were people aged 35 and up.....well, women 35 and up.  Some had Twilight t-shirts on even.  They didn't even bother to bring kids with them to make it look like they were going only for the kids and not for them like I saw in some cases.  Uhummm....not that that's the case with me or anything.  Okay, maybe it was, so sue me.  I like the books.  I like the movies.  I want to be a teenager again.  Only wealthy with my current knowledge base and not have to live back with my parents.  (No offense Mom and Dad but you cramp my style and I don't want a curfew again.)

Anyhow, now I can't wait for the next one to come out.

11 comments:

Kurt said...

I've never seen any of them. And why does that girl who stars in them seem embarrassed to be involved?

Megan said...

I get so many differing accounts of this series that I don't know what to do. I suppose I should just read it and decide for myself!

sandy said...

scrumbling, I didn't know that or what it was..NOw I'm off to go google it...I LOVE this work of art you are doing.

BumbleVee said...

I think it is really interesting how you do such little bits at a time....I used to think people painted large areas...or whole layers at a time.... but, what did I know? Now...it seems like soooo much work and effort when I see paintings in progressive stages... how I love blogging and being able to learn about so many beautiful and different things .....

BumbleVee said...

whew...that one got away on me....

I wanted to add...the poor old Queen hey? How does she do it year after year.... visiting, hand shaking, small talking.... eating in public.... arrrggghhh...I would have torn out my last three hairs years back if I was her....

Serena Lewis said...

The painting looks fantastic! You put such a lot of work into it and it's well worth every minute.

I LOVED the Twilight book series and eagerly await each of the movie releases...and I'm 51! lol I can't wait to see Eclipse!

Mike'itect said...

Wonder who decided to name the technique "scumbling"? Sounds nasty!

Still baffled by Twilight mania, although I can understand the desire to be a teenager again, assuming that going to public school was deleted from the experience and replaced with perpetual summer vacation.

Jennifer Rose said...

yes edward is hot and taylor has abs to drool at, but the movies are horrible lol they are the only good parts. something pretty to look at :p

I've read the books and all I can think of is they should have fired the editor and why can't friends who write get a book deal? they write a lot better.

........... oops sorry little rant :p I just can't figure out the huge mass appeal the movies and books have. its very confusing....

i really wouldn't want to be a teenager, too much stress and puberty sucks!! but if i was a teenager again i could deal without the constant moving around canada lol

oh and happy canada day!!!

Megan said...

You should link this at Theme Thursday...

GoofyJ said...

I LOVE this!

Anonymous said...

With your level of realism, smooth or choppy either one would work, I think.

You can scumble with both hands? I'm amazed...and jealous.

Nice work.