Tuesday 22 December 2009


More layers.  More background.  Still having problems with her right eye.

I came so close to scrapping this one yesterday.  A "mood" settled in that was the result of dropping children at malls and almost getting shmucked by a bus driver that shouldn't be behind any wheel.  Needless to say when part of the painting wasn't doing what I was imagining I wanted to rip it stomp on it and move on.  I walked away from it for a couple of hours and came back when I had calmed down.  I still may do a jig on it yet....just not yet.

The photo isn't actually this "orange"  bad lighting for the camera right now.

It's -18.4 F (-28 Celcius) with the windchill right now apparently.  This is not December weather but rather January's.  I want to move to Florida.  Anyone in Florida want to adopt me;-)  Even Vancouver would be okay.  Pleeeeeeeease!

9 comments:

Kurt said...

Issue #26 is almost done. Mail to Canadia takes a bit longer than domestic mail, but it should not be long.

Serena Lewis said...

She's looking pretty darned good from where I'm sitting. Hang in there!

Jennifer Rose said...

its only -9 here, warm enough? ;) Florida is sounding pretty good right about now

BONNIE K said...

You're welcome to come to Cleveland for a visit but we're not doing much better than you. I do love this picture.

Grandma "C" said...

It is snowing here in Alberta and cold, about-15C. It is supposed to get really cold tomorrow, and then warm up. So hold on it is coming your way. Love the picture, and I like the squinty eye.

Maureen said...

It was terribly cold here last week, but now it's snowing and milder here in Manitoba.

I love this drawing! Don't destroy it!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

tony said...

Have A Beautiful Christmas.Bestest Wishes From tony.

sandy said...

Wow, glad you got over wanting to scrap this. You are doing a great job!!

Yolanda said...

You work is beautiful