Thursday 23 July 2009

I Want Heat--A Corny Poem

Oh summer sun where have you been?
I see you not today
Your warming rays and smiling face
They seems so far away
My kids are stuck inside my home
The rain continually falls
I want them to go out to roam
Not wreak havoc in my halls
When will the weather turn hot
Like most summers in the past
One where I'm parched and sweat alot
And dehydrate real fast
Ah yes, I miss those good 'ole days
When I could sit and complain
Of those scorching burning rays
Leaving me red with pain
Please return blissful heat and sun
We want you THIS July
Summer will soon be done
How fast summer time does fly.

4 comments:

Kurt said...

What does this have to do with Ringo?

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Dude! Now I really don't like Ringo!

Patti said...

Not you too! I like your creativity, though. :)

At least we're getting sun, just not the usual heat that I look forward to every year (so I'm not complaining, just disappointed). But our week at the beach was not exactly beach weather (again, not complaining, we made the best of it and had a lot of fun!).

Ed & Jeanne said...

Ha, good one. Change a few words and we can sing that 9 months of the year around here. Right now though...we've had about three weeks of glorious sunshine so I cannot complain.