Tuesday 13 January 2009

Whichever way you choose to get your picture down on paper, make sure you don't hold your pencil as you do when you are writing. This is something that I have not only read or had artists tell me, but have been taught at art school. Find a different way to hold your pencil so your left brain becomes confused and gives way to your right brain...the more creative side.

Once you are happy with the picture you have, it's time to put it on your good paper. We'll save that for the next time. I have some catching up to do before that step.

3 comments:

richgold said...

Ok. THAT is a cool comment that I'd not heard from before.

I have to get CU-1 off his account for a few minutes to show him what you're doing. Maybe I can teach through you to him about this.

I have to say I soooooo love the frog picture. CU-2 asked if you have frogs too and followed that quickly by saying "I miss seeing her."

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

My Expressive drawing instructor is a classically trained artist and just re-iterated this morning not to hold the pencil as if you are writing. Timely!

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Oh, and the toad is a wild creature that lives on my parents property somewhere and will stay there! Well, until he gets eaten by a snake or run over by a golf cart.