Wednesday 25 January 2006

Ok. I've got a system going here. Some fish....unlike most normal people, eat their young. I have primarily female fish with the odd male. (Odd in every sense of the word.) My good friend and neighbour across the street (that I just met in September after living across from her for eons) has an all male tank and a separate tank for fry. I send her the baby guppies, mollies and cross-bred fish ("Flash n' Dash, one of my guppies only liked to hang out with the Mollie chicks, shunning his own kind.) I dunno, call 'em "gollies, or muppies"

After much work (on the fishes part) after about 60-80 babies have been born over the past few months we have a grand total of 2 babies that have reached their wild teen years, and a small school of newborn fish. Hmmm.....and I was worried we'd get over crowded.

Anyhow, I can't imagine snacking on a kid if I was hungry no matter how bad my day was getting. There are times though when I offer to take the kids to the Mommy store so they can pick out a new one cause I'm just done in! They have always refused thus far....darn it! I could after all use the vacation. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that in the human world it's the kids that have the upper hand and don't turn your back. Don't let down your guard. Be very afraid!!!!! They just might get you!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Hey, do you have that peice of wood in there? They used to hide under it and live.....hmmmmmunless this is another tank.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

it's in the guppy tank. It's the loaches pad man! I had to pull it out of my 20 gallon cause it was dragging down my pH. I had to load the 20 gallon with Utah Ice and Travertine to balance the tank. Now that it's stable I don't want to risk it.

I thought about moving it in with Ange L. Fish, Molly the Mollie or Stinky the Loach. It was too labour intensive to turn into a cartoon. Plus, I don't know how to revert it back to the real thing again;@0