Saturday 14 January 2006



A caller to a local radio talk show recently said she'd vote for a dog before she'd vote for a party other than the one currently running the country. Good luck with that lady! I wish you could vote for a dog actually. At least the chances are he'd/she'd be less corrupt, smarter, more loyal and work for biscuits! We've had billions of dollars stolen from us and our health care system is a mess. We're so multi-cultural that we are giving up our own culture and absorbing everyone elses is an attempt to be politically correct. We're led to believe that parents who stay at home with their children in the early years are robbing them of a proper early education. Apparently you're an idiot at raising kids unless you have a diploma in Early Childhood Education.

Yes honey, please vote for a dog. I'd rather that than you vote for the Liberal party!

5 comments:

Proud Mum said...

I logged on today to lurk, but remembered that it's still National De-Lurking Week.

So I'm making my presence known.

I'm a Canadian ex-pat but could really understand what you're talking about here. Especially the liberal slam on stay-at-home mothers; personally, I feel my son is better off and better adjusted because of the individualized attention I can give him.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Thanks Proud Mum! I'm ready to blow a gasket every time Prime Sinister Paul Martin speaks out about how much better the care is in a Day Care. "it's a loving nurturing atmosphere..." RIGHT! I believe that one Paul!

fourth_fret said...

is "liberal" in canada generally the same as "liberal" in the states?

if so, i got nuthin'.

Deb said...

My cousin once placed his dog's name on a ballot as a write-in for a joke. The dog got 20 votes.

True story.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Hey Fret....I don't know....does Liberal in the States mean "take their money and run?" [snicker}

I like that idea Deb.