Tuesday 25 October 2005

The Bathroom -- Part 2

While acting out yet another episode of the ever popular "Beat the Bus" this morning, I was stopped dead in my tracks upon hearing my eldest daughter in the bathroom speaking to her sister through the door. It went as follows:

Tara: [knock knock on the bathroom door] "Who's in there....I need to go pee!!!"

Elsie: "Hello, you have reached the bathroom. We can't come to the door right now, but if you leave your name and number, we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thank you. Beeeeeep."

To my utter disbelief this worked! Tara turned and left. No argument. No pounding. No stamping. No fighting. She just.....turned and walked away.

First question I asked myself was, Why?
Secondly, why the heck didn't I think of that!

3 comments:

Kris said...

OMG that is hilarious! I often reply to "mom are you there"..by saying "NOOOOO"...it also works like a charm most of the time! HEEHEE...kids are funny.

K.

Asaph's Table said...

Hello, you've reached my comments. I can't talk to you right now, so please leave another post, and I'll come back to read it later. Thank you. Beeeep!
Too funny!

Maggie Ann said...

Thats rich!